Thursday, March 22, 2018
Two years ago today, we announced Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy to the public for the first time with this wonderful image.
While most of the original concepts remain in the game, it's grown into a bigger, stronger monster of a project compared to the tiny little game I was picturing way back in 2016. It's already hours longer than I'd originally planned with a lot more content to go!
It's been a long road and we've all gone through some major life changes along the way. So much has changed for me in such fundamental ways that it's hard to even imagine my life when planning for the game began in 2015.
The finish line's in sight, and we'll get there! We all hope you'll love the finished result of these last few years of hard work.
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Let's take a look at another minigame in Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy's Hero HQ! This one is a Burger Time tribute courtesy of Spoonweaver Studios.
Players control the classic Kaiju Club Sandwich as he stomps around making additional club sandwiches. There's something horrific in that, probably. He's a monster who died a long time ago but his memories live on in digital form! Avoid angry bottles of ketchup and mustard and hit the ACTION button to transport to safety if you get stuck.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Soup's on! The former rogue Kung Fu Chicken Noodle Soup now fights for the Kaiju Heroes, but he's always been a loose cannon. In Fighto Fantasy, Noodle has a Rage stat that grows each time he takes or deals damage. Once you're ready to deal some serious damage, use his Rage Out command to unleash all of that pent up anger in one big attack! You can also Cool Off, zone out, and exchange your Rage to restore your MP.
Rage resets to zero once a fight ends, so use it while you can!
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Super Walrus Games boss Paul here! It's only been a couple of months since our last big news update and there's a lot to talk about. Let's get to it!
• I'd like to welcome Zack Corcoran to the team! Zack is drawing enemy art for monsters that appear in the game's final two zones.
Zack is a comic artist, illustrator, and pixel artist and the creator of Blasphemous Saga Fantasy, which updates Tuesdays and Thursdays. Zack’s major influences include video games, the cartoons he grew up with, and some anime/manga (but not most of it). His hobbies include baking delicious food that is incredibly unhealthy, playing video games, and taking photos of dumb stuff he finds while out and about. He is completely unable to resist petting any friendly cat.
Here are a few of the monsters he's drawn so far:
• I've taken on a few new tasks of my own. Soda Piggy did a fantastic job getting our Twitter account up and running and healthy and in the last few months I've taken over its weekly maintenance. I think I understand Twitter now! It's still a little scary. Bear with me for a while, I'll get the hang of it.
I'm also working on some of the game's graphics now, including its human NPCs, variations on existing characters, and some map graphics. Soda continues to work on larger boss graphics as we near the game's final areas.
• We've also received some outside contributions for minigames! In Hero HQ, players can check out a Space Invaders-style arcade game coded by OHR engine creator James Paige, featuring goofy, old-school Space Bug graphics. You've only got one life, make it count!
• Richard "Spoonweaver" Upchurch also provided us with a second arcade minigame, this one styled after one of my all time favorites: Burger Time! I'm currently in the process of designing its graphics and integrating it into the main game.
• Our Steam demo is available for Windows. We've received some helpful feedback and some kind, cool players even made video playthroughs! Some major and minor changes (some for balance, some for clarity, some just for fun) have occurred as a result of players playing the demo as well as our internal testing team.
• Glock & Mr8bit continue to release great new tracks for the game, be sure to check them out!